- We are currently operating under Covid regulations – we are waiting for updated advice to confirm that we can meet together from May 17th 2021 at a “Covid compliant” venue, with rehearsals ‘as normal’ hopefully by the end of June.
During September and October 2020 we were able to establish that, as a choir, we needed to take steps to ensure meeting together was safe at the time and for the future. This has included:
- securing a larger venue to allow plenty of space for social distancing
- purchase of PPE for all choir members and large clear screens to form a barrier between the musical director, pianist and singers
- stagger arrival and departure times with members allocated into groups of no more than 6 people, with no mixing between these groups
- use of hand sanitisers on arrival and departure and thorough cleaning of the areas used between and after sessions
- all participants’ temperatures taken on entry
- latterly, section rehearsals were conducted via Zoom online meetings
Some members choose not to attend in person and participated remotely via a live feed on our Facebook members page; this may be a possibility for some of 2021 as well.