Coronavirus Message

Dear ladies,

In light of the advice from the government it is with regret your committee have made the difficult decision to cancel all Unity in Sound rehearsals until further notice.

We do not consider continuing to meet as a choir is in line with government advice regarding avoiding unnecessary contact with others, not meeting in public places and avoiding unnecessary travel.

Whilst accepting this will come as a disappointment to many, we have taken this action to safeguard you and your families as best we can, especially as some of you, or those close to you, are members of a ‘vulnerable’ group.

Fees will be waived during the cancellation period so please cancel your standing orders until further notice.

During these unprecedented difficult times, we wish to emphasise we view Unity in Sound as a ‘Community’ and want to reassure members we will continue to be there for support, advice and assistance where needed. Please do not hesitate to contact me or any committee member if you need help in any way.

Leah and Andy are exploring ways of allowing us to continue learning and practicing.

A further message will follow shortly regarding our Charity event and other planned gigs.


Jax & Leah xxxx

Following on from yesterday’s message, this is the current situation re our gigs to date

Charity Event 25th April
It will come as little surprise to you we have had to postpone this event until further notice. It only just over 5 weeks away and even if things dramatically improved in a few weeks (me with a very optimistic hat on) we would not have had sufficient practice to confidently perform at a live gig. The Church have also stopped all ‘public worship’ so we would not be able to use the premises anyway.

We will do this gig, I just cannot say when yet!
For those of you who have already purchased tickets there are two options:
1) a full refund Asap , please contact Jax on to arrange
2) Retain the tickets until the gig does take place, we will accept them.
If any of you have already displayed posters please can you remove them.
Apologies again as I know we were all so looking forward to our first gig of the year but we really had no choice but to postpone.

Teignmouth Airshow Fundraiser 2nd May
This was never a confirmed gig and I still have not heard anything either way from the organisers (understandably as they will be making some hard decisions right now). The bottom line is even if the event did go ahead we would not now be able to perform due to lack of rehearsals and low numbers due to self isolating. A shame, maybe next year!

Mendip Road Fun Day 14th June
For those of you who were at choir last week, this is the charity event my friend Natasha came to speak about. She has been in touch to say she is postponing the event until September on a date to be arranged and very much wants us to be there. Once I have a date I will let you know!

Ipple Tipple 18th July
Keep everything crossed!

Lustleigh show 31st August
Keep everything crossed!

Think that’s it for now.